First National Bank of Shelby County

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

First National Bank of Shelby County was a Columbiana-based bank founded in 1892 and was family-owned until October 12, 2005, when it was acquired by Mississippi-based M&F Bank.

The bank's holding company was Columbiana Bancshares. Prior to the acquisition, members of the Harrison family, including CEO William T. Harrison, Sr and president Helen Harrison Phillips, resigned after the bank was cited by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency for unsound business practices, stemming from findings dating back as far as 2002. Further violations were discovered in 2005.

M&F converted First National's branches and entered the market on February 21, 2006.

Birmingham-area locations

References