Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing
It was founded in 1922 at Highland Baptist Hospital on 22nd Street South. It was and named for alumna, educator and administrator Ida Moffett in 1968 as it moved into the new John H. Buchanan Building at Baptist Medical Center Montclair.
The school was transferred to Samford in order to facilitate a more academic focus in 1973. From 1998 to 2016 the program was housed in the Dwight and Lucille Beeson Center for the Healing Arts on Samford's Shades Valley campus. It moved to the College of Health Sciences on the east side of campus in the summer of 2016.
The school currently has an enrollment of 787 and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Council on Accreditation (COA). The dean is Nena Sanders.
- Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing at samford.edu