Nabeel's Café & Market

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Nabeel's logo.gif
Nabeel's Market in 2007

Nabeel's Café & Market is a Mediterranean restaurant and grocery store located at 1706 Oxmoor Road at the intersection with Central Avenue. It was opened as a grocery in 1971 by Nabeel Shunnarah. It was purchased in 1993 by John and Ottavia Krontiras, who have expanded the café part of the business. The menu features Greek and Italian specialties.

The original restaurant was located three doors from the corner, in what is now called the Cafe Capri and used for overflow and private dining. Krontiras expanded first into a beauty shop next door (now the main entrance) and then into the corner florist (Nabeel's Market, selling imported and prepared foods).

The Krontiras' son Anthony took over operation of the business in 2001. Maria Gambino manages the restaurant and catering business and brothers Alan, Marvin, Melvin and Keith Nelson share duties as chefs in the kitchen.

The market space closed in 2019 to make way for an expansion of Hero Doughnuts.

References

External link