North Birmingham Library
The branch was established in 1926 and was the first branch library in Birmingham to be constructed specifically by the Birmingham Public Library Board and City of Birmingham, rather than being annexed into the system from a formerly independent municipality. The building was repaired and repainted under the auspices of the Civil Works Administration during the Great Depression.
In the 1970s the Alabama Public Library System sponsored a program to provide library services to blind and disabled patrons. Jefferson County's service center for the blind was housed at the North Birmingham Library.