Paul Finebaum Radio Network
Paul Finebaum Radio Network is a syndicated sports-talk show which originates from WJOX in Birmingham and is hosted by Paul Finebaum.
In the mid 1980s, Finebaum, a reporter for the Birmingham Post-Herald newspaper, began to appear more frequently as a guest on radio and television programs in the Birmingham area, including regular appearances on Mark and Brian. In 1993, he began his afternoon sports-talk program, The Paul Finebaum Show on WERC-AM Radio. It soon became the top-rated sports call-in show in a competitive market.
In January 2007 Finebaum completed his contract with WERC and agreed to move the show to the new WJOX-FM, which he called the area's "premier sports station." He was joined by show producer Pat Smith and is now syndicated about 20 broadcast outlets Alabama and neighboring markets.
In 2010 the Paul Finebaum Radio Network program was picked up for national distribution to Sirius and XM satellite radio subscribers. In early 2011, Finebaum came under fire for perpetuating a hostile environment between rival fans of Alabama and Auburn when a caller's claims of poisoning two of the Toomer's Corner oak trees on the Auburn University campus was found to be true.
- Shane "Shane from Center Point" Corn (died 2011)
- Gene "Robert from Shoal Creek" Edelman (died 2012)
- Harvey "Al from Dadeville" Updyke
- Tammy "Tammy from Clanton" Bullard (died 2018)
- Phyllis "Phyllis from Mulga" Perkins
- Barnes, Susan. (Summer 2005) "The Devil We Know". Tennessee Alumnus Magazine. Vol. 85, No. 3 - accessed April 16, 2006
- Curran, Eddie. (December 22, 2005) "Scrushy sues Paul Finebaum, Birmingham newspaper: Former HealthSouth boss and wife say they have been defamed." Mobile Press-Register.
- "Paul Finebaum." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 17 Apr 2006, 03:42 UTC. 17 Apr 2006, 05:05 .
- Carlton, Bob (January 19, 2007) "Finebaum headed to WJOX." Birmingham News.
- Ward, Tom (2010) Great Call: Why the Finebaum Show is America's Barbershop. Raleigh, North Carolina: Sweetwater Press ISBN 9781581738452
- Carlton, Bob (February 18, 2011) "Finebaum won't tone down radio show." Birmingham News