Post Office Pies
Post Office Pies is a pizzeria at 209 41st Street South in Avondale. The restaurant was opened in the former Avondale Post Office on March 13, 2014 by owners of the neighboring Saw's Soul Kitchen, Mike Wilson and Brandon Cain, and chef John Hall. The menu of wood-fired pizzas and specialty salads is fueled by locally-sourced ingredients, including produce from Jones Valley Teaching Farm.
The restaurant also features beers from its neighboring Avondale Brewing Company and a selection of beer-based cocktails.
- Carlton, Bob (November 7, 2013) "Saw's Soul Kitchen owners to open pizza restaurant next door in old Avondale post office." The Birmingham News
- Ishayik, Edna (May 1, 2014) "Meet the New York Chef Who Opened Birmingham’s Hottest Pizza Place" GrubStreet / New York magazine
- Turnipseed, Christy (October 2, 2014) "Meet the Man Behind the Pies." The Birmingham News
- Phillips, Ryan (May 4, 2015) "John Hall of Post Office Pies on his career and the future of the Bham culinary scene." Birmingham Business Journal
- Carlton, Bob (March 6, 2019) "Birmingham's Post Office Pies pizza restaurant expanding, plans to open in Tuscaloosa." The Birmingham News
- Stuart, Shauna (September 23, 2019) "Post Office Pies listed as one of the top 30 pizzerias in the country." The Birmingham News
- Post Office Pies website