- This article is about the present pizzeria. For an earlier Salvator's on Carraway Boulevard, see Salvatore's Drive-In.
Salvatore's Pizza and Pasta is a local chain of pizzerias and Italian restaurants founded by Salvatore Bambinelli, a Naples-born immigrant who lived in New York and Atlanta before coming to Birmingham. The original Salvatore's, which opened in Vestavia Hills in 1984, was a full-service Italian restaurant. Later locations have generally focused on pizza and pasta.
In 2008 Salvatore opened a new full-service location, called Bambinelli's Italian Café at 2031 Cahaba Road in English Village. That location was converted back to a "Salvatore's" in early 2012 and closed by mid-2014.
In July 2019 Bo Bambinelli closed the Trussville location due to staffing shortages.
- Montgomery Highway, Vestavia Hills (1984–2001)
- 2031 Cahaba Road, English Village (2012-2014)
- 1430 Gadsden Highway, Trussville (October 2012-July 2019)
- 2798 John Hawkins Parkway, Colonial Promenade, Hoover
- Carlton, Bob (December 12, 2008) "Salvatore Bambinelli opens new restaurant in Mountain Brook's English Village" The Birmingham News
- Tidmore, Tina (October 7, 2012) "Salvatore Bambinelli brings southern Italian restaurant to Trussville." Trussville Tribune
- Szkolnik, Shaun (July 22, 2019) "Trussville Location of Salvatore’s Pizza and Pasta closes." Trussville Tribune
- Salvatore's Pizza & Pasta website