John Hawkins Parkway
Originally Highway 150 was a two-lane route from Hoover to the Bessemer city limits, but the area saw much residential, commercial and institutional growth beginning in the 1980s, leading to Hoover having the highway widened from Montgomery Highway to Interstate 459. Hoover leaders found Alabama state legislator John Hawkins, representing southern Jefferson County, helpful in getting this work done, so in 1999, they asked that part of the highway be designated as John Hawkins Parkway. The request was granted in January 2000.
Today several large retail developments, including the Riverchase Galleria, Patton Creek Shopping Center, and The Grove, are located along or adjoining to the road. Hunter Street Baptist Church, one of the largest churches in Alabama, is located on it, and the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium is accessible from it. In the late 2000s, the road west of I-459 was widened to five lanes.
- For an alphabetical list of locations, see the John Hawkins Parkway category.
- Shades Crest Road intersection (road continues west as Alabama Highway 150)
- 2301: CVS drug store
- 2304: South Shades Crest Plaza shopping center
- 2311: PetSuites Hoover
- 2312: Pizza Hut
- 2318: The Crossings Dental Center
- 2321: Lake Crest Center office building (built 1999)
- 2325: Express Oil Change store #124
- 2328: proposed Dobbins Group/Kessler mixed-use development
- 2330: La Petite Academy
- 2341: Lake Crest Plaza shopping center
- 2361: Lake Crest Chevron
- Lake Crest Drive intersection (north only)
- 2400: Alacare Home Health & Hospice (-2019)
- Grove Boulevard intersection (north only)
- Interstate 459 interchange
- Stadium Trace Village shopping center (2019-)
- Preserve Parkway/Stadium Trace Parkway intersection
- 2531: Regions Bank Trace Crossings branch
- 2539: Rose Garden Cafe
- 2551: Long-Lewis Ford
- 2600: Hunter Street Baptist Church
- 2676: Hoover Toyota (2002–)
- 2687: OHD (1992-)
- 2700–2810: Colonial Promenade at Hoover
- 2721: Bryant Bank branch
- 2755: Cadence Bank branch
- 2801: Galleria Trace Plaza
- Suite 153-N: former location of P&D Swords
- 2943: Southern Legacy (former location of Up the Creek)
- 2949: 2949 John Hawkins Parkway (built 2000)
- 2980: Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
- 3001: Patton Creek Shopping Center
- Galleria Boulevard intersection
- 3032: 3032 John Hawkins Parkway retail strip
- Galleria Circle/Riverchase Drive intersection
- Merchants Drive intersection
- Lorna Road intersection (south only)
- Montgomery Highway intersection (continues east as Lorna Road)
- "Hoover Wants to Rename Part of Road." (July 14, 1999). The Birmingham News.
- "John Hawkins Parkway created in Hoover." (January 26, 2000). The Birmingham News.
- "Alabama State Route 150." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 14 Oct 2006, 01:32 UTC. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 6 Nov 2006 .