Slaton, McGlathery & Burwell
Slaton, McGlathery & Burwell was a warehouser of cotton and dealer in carriages, wagons, agricultural implements and fertilizers. Samuel Slaton and W. W. McGlathery were operating a "fire-proof warehouse" for cotton on 1st Avenue North between 17th and 18th Streets.
By 1883 the business had moved to 2100 1st Avenue North. T. O. Burwell joined the firm before 1884. The firm lost seventeen bales that it was storing at another warehouse owned by E. V. Gregory in a November 1884 fire.
- Dubose, John Witherspoon (1887) Jefferson County and Birmingham, Alabama: Historical and Biographical Birmingham: Teeple & Smith, Publishers; Caldwell Printing Works.
- White, Marjorie Longenecker (1977) Downtown Birmingham: Architectural and Historical Walking Tour Guide. Birmingham: Birmingham Historical Society.