St Aloysius Catholic Church
On January 25, 1888, the Bessemer Land Company deeded four lots along 5th Avenue North for a church, rectory, and school. The first frame building was constructed by hand that year. A one-room school was built behind the church before the close of the 19th century and staffed with lay teachers. In 1900 the Sisters of Mercy began staffing the school.
- Reverend Patrick Cullen (?–present)
- Lody, Father Joseph, ed. (2009). History of the Diocese of Birmingham. Strasbourg, France: Éditions du Signe.
- St Aloysius Catholic Church website