St John Bosco Catholic Church
Saint John Bosco Catholic Church is located at 142 52nd Place North in Woodlawn. The building was built to serve St Clement Catholic Church and dedicated on December 16, 1928. Saint Clement closed after its pastor, John Fox retired on June 1, 1973. Salesian Fathers reopened the church on July 29, 1973 and the church was solemnly dedicated as Saint John Bosco Church by Bishop Joseph Vath on January 27, 1974.
The church is a contributing property to the Woodlawn Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
After the Salesians closed their Birmingham mission, the church became the home of Our Lady of La Vang Vietnamese Catholic Parish.
- Lovett, Rose Gibbons. (1980) The Catholic Church in the Deep South: The Diocese of Birmingham in Alabama, 1540-1976 Birmingham: Diocese of Birmingham in Alabama
- Schneider, David B. and Christy Anderson (2003) "Woodlawn Historic District National Register of Historic Places Registration Form" National Park Service