St Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church (Shelby County)
The parish was established in 1999 and its first mass celebrated by Bishop David Foley in Greystone Elementary School on May 23, 1999. The name was chosen to carry on the legacy of the St Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church established to serve the Italian community in 1905, which closed in 1997.
The new building hosted its first mass on August 10, 2003 and formally dedicated and blessed by Bishop Foley on September 16, 2003 The ceiling of the cruciform church reaches a height of 57 feet high, and the bell tower is 105 feet tall. It was designed to seat 1020 worshipers.
- Patrick Murphy, 1999-2000
- Patrick Cullen, 2000-2006
- Joseph Culotta, 2006-
- Bob Sullivan, 2020-2023
- Justin Ward, 2023-