The Summit School (sometimes Summitt School) was an early school on Shades Mountain. It shared a building with Summit Baptist Church, adjacent to the Bluff Park Cemetery at the intersection of Tyler Road and Valley Street in Bluff Park.
The land for the school was donated by Ed Dison on May 12, 1898. The original 20 feet wide by 24 feet long one-room frame building was completed in 1899. Professor Harper led classes. Ann Susan Hale and Irene Hagins were other early teachers. The building was also used for community meetings.