Vestavia Hills City Hall

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the current city hall. For the original, see Vestavia Hills City Hall (1956).

Vestavia Hills City Hall is a municipal complex consisting of two buildings housing the municipal offices and departments of the City of Vestavia Hills. It was constructed in 2014-15 at 1012 Montgomery Highway, behind the Vestavia Plaza Shopping Center on the sites formerly occupied by Food World and Joe's Ranch House, backing up to Mayland Lane.

Williams Blackstock Architects designed the complex and B. L. Harbert International managed construction. Ground was broken on June 25, 2014 with completion expected in August 2015.

The main 29,000 square foot building, facing an open elliptical green, houses administrative offices and council chambers, along with the Department of Public Safety and Vestavia Hills Fire Department. The other, slightly smaller, building houses the Vestavia Hills Police Department and municipal courts.

References

  • Rodriguez, Ana (February 12, 2014) "First look at Vestavia Hills' planned 57,000-square-foot City Hall." The Birmingham News
  • Rodriguez, Ana (June 16, 2014) "Vestavia Hills to break ground on new 57,000-square-foot city hall next week." The Birmingham News