WJOX-AM ("690 The Fan") is a sports-talk format radio station owned by Cumulus Media.
In December 2006, WJOX began simulcasting at FM 100.5, the former home of Citadel's WRAX-FM, an alternative rock station. On January 8, 2007, Citadel gave the WJOX call letters to the FM station and started a new sports format at AM 690 with the call letters WSPZ-AM ("The Sports Animal"). Winches quit the station rather than stay with Citadel's "second" sports station.
Matt Coulter and Scott Griffin co-hosted a morning show, later solely hosted by Griffin with regular visits from Birmingham News columnists Ray Melick and Kevin Scarbinsky and WBRC 6 reporter Mike Dubberly. That show was replaced by syndicated programming in July 2008.
- 12AM-6AM: JT The Brick
- 6AM-9AM: Mike and Mike in the Morning
- 9AM-12PM: The Herd with Colin Cowherd
- 12PM-3PM: Scott Van Pelt Show
- 3PM-6PM: Doug Gottlieb Show
- 6PM-9PM: Petros and Money
- 9PM-12AM: Fox Sports Tonight
- Carlton, Bob (December 22, 2006) "No 'B' teamer, Winches quits WJOX radio." Birmingham News.
- Carlton, Bob (January 6, 2007) "WJOX split will create 2 stations." Birmingham News
- Carlton, Bob (July 18, 2008) "Scott Griffin's sports show off WSPZ radio." Birmingham News
- Carlton, Bob (January 1, 2012) "Birmingham's classic Rock 99.5 (WZZR-FM) changes formats to current hits The Vibe." Birmingham News