Wintzell's Oyster House
Wintzell's Oyster House is a chain of seafood restaurants based in Mobile which formerly operated several locations in the Birmingham area.
The original Wintzell's opened in 1938. The chain is currently owned by Bob and Buffy Donlon, who purchased the original downtown Mobile location and proceeded to open more locations in Mobile and Baldwin Counties, as well as in Greenville, Guntersville, Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa County and Jefferson County. Another franchisee operated a Wintzell's in the Pleasant Hills area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania from 2013 to 2015.
Former Wintzell's vice president of operations Frank Hall founded Hallmark Hospitality in 2017 to open six additional franchise locations in the Birmingham area. Donald Jones of Half Shell Leeds LLC operated the Leeds restaurant until he was forced to close due to the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic.
- Cahaba Heights, 3144 Village Circle, Heights Village (opened October 2018)
- Fultondale, 3339 Lowery Parkway (closed December 2019)
- Guntersville (opened June 2008)
- Leeds, 1770 Ashville Road (closed May 2020)
- Northport, 1 Bridge Avenue (opened March 2, 2009, closed January 2014)
- Tuscaloosa, Skyland Boulevard (opened March 2014)
- Cobb, Mark Hughes (January 30, 2009) "Wintzell's comes to Northport." Tuscaloosa News
- Rupinski, Patrick (January 17, 2014) "Northport Wintzell's relocating in March." Tuscaloosa News
- Buttram, Scott (January 18, 2014) "Wintzell's Oyster House plans Trussville location." Trussville Tribune
- Lloyd, Gary (September 17, 2014) "Wintzell's no longer pursuing former Costa's building in Trussville." Trussville Tribune
- Van der Bijl, Hanno (February 16, 2018) "Company plans to open six Wintzell's Oyster House locations in metro Birmingham." Birmingham Business Journal
- Thornton, William (September 27, 2018) "Wintzell's Oyster House to open in Cahaba Heights." The Birmingham News
- "Wintzell's Oyster House closes in Fultondale." (January 3, 2020) Birmingham Business Journal
- "Wintzell's Oyster House vacates Birmingham area." (June 22, 2020) Birmingham Business Journal