Birmingham Fire Station No. 24: Difference between revisions

From Bhamwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Image:BirminghamFirestation24.jpg|right|thumb|250px]]
[[Image:BirminghamFirestation24.jpg|right|thumb|400px|Birmingham Fire Station No. 24]]


'''Birmingham Fire Station No. 24''' is located at 4613 [[Avenue Q]] in the [[Central Park]] neighborhood. It serves [[Belview Heights]], Central Park, and [[Vinesville]]. Built in [[1924]], the station was also the original home for the [[Central Park Library]], established in the 1930s.  
'''Birmingham Fire Station No. 24''' is located at 4613 [[Avenue Q]] in the [[Central Park]] neighborhood. It serves [[Belview Heights]], Central Park, and [[Vinesville]]. Built in [[1924]], the station was also the original home for the [[Central Park Library]], established in the 1930s.  


The original equipment bay faced [[Avenue Q]], however, at some point, the city decided to enclose it and transform it into a dayspace for the firefighters, and added the current equipment bays, which face [[44th Street Ensley]]
The original equipment bay faced [[Avenue Q]]. In [[1960]] the station was equipped with a single 750-gallon pumper truck.
 
At some point, the city decided to enclose the original bay and transform it into a day space for the firefighters. The current equipment bays, which face [[44th Street Ensley]], were added to the back of the building.


Fire Station No. 24 is part of the [[Belview Heights Historic District]], which was added in [[2000]] to the [[National Register of Historic Places]].
Fire Station No. 24 is part of the [[Belview Heights Historic District]], which was added in [[2000]] to the [[National Register of Historic Places]].

Latest revision as of 16:49, 18 March 2019

Birmingham Fire Station No. 24

Birmingham Fire Station No. 24 is located at 4613 Avenue Q in the Central Park neighborhood. It serves Belview Heights, Central Park, and Vinesville. Built in 1924, the station was also the original home for the Central Park Library, established in the 1930s.

The original equipment bay faced Avenue Q. In 1960 the station was equipped with a single 750-gallon pumper truck.

At some point, the city decided to enclose the original bay and transform it into a day space for the firefighters. The current equipment bays, which face 44th Street Ensley, were added to the back of the building.

Fire Station No. 24 is part of the Belview Heights Historic District, which was added in 2000 to the National Register of Historic Places.

Equipment

  • Engine 24

External links