- Not to be confused with South Central Bell.
The company was founded in 1946 by Horace Bell, who had served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. In the 1950s and 1960s Bell secured several government contracts. By 1964 the business had outgrown Bell's home and moved to its present location. During the 1970s the company moved into wholesaling engraving supplies, issuing its first catalog in 1974, and expanding its reach nationally and internationally. Horace's son, Neil took over the company in 1982. He oversaw the expansion of the business into signage, including ADA-compliant printing and signage for the visually impaired. The business is currently headed by Chris Bell.
- Bell Company website