Birmingham Business Alliance
The Birmingham Business Alliance ("The Chamber for Regional Prosperity") is a regional economic development organization created in 2009 by the merger of the Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Metropolitan Development Board and Region 2020. The organization seeks to create a unified voice for area businesses in promoting development throughout the 7-county Birmingham metropolitan area.
In September 2010, the BBA unveiled "Blueprint Birmingham", a five-year strategic plan for economic development of the metro area. Birmingham magazine, which had been published by the Chamber of Commerce, was sold to Birmingham News Multimedia in late 2011.
- Dalton Smith, 2009–2010
- Barry Copeland (interim), 2010–2011
- Brian Hilson, March 2011–March 2019
- Fred McCallum (interim), March 2019–2020
- Kenneth Coleman (June–November 2020)
- Fred McCallum (interim), November 2020–
- Birmingham Business Alliance website
- DeButts, Jimmy (July 14, 2009) "Chamber-MDB group unveils name, logo." Birmingham Business Journal
- Tomberlin, Michael (August 19, 2009) "Merged business groups seen as key to sparking growth in Birmingham, Alabama." The Birmingham News
- Tomberlin, Michael (September 12, 2010) "On the Record: With Barry Copeland of the Birmingham Business Alliance." The Birmingham News
- "Brian Hilson steps down as president and CEO of Birmingham Business Alliance." (February 28, 2019) The Birmingham Times
- Coker, Angel (December 12, 2019) "What the future holds for the Birmingham Business Alliance." Birmingham Business Journal