Birmingham Vending Company

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Birmingham Vending Company, Inc. is a nationwide distributor of coin-operated amusement and vending equipment with offices at 540 2nd Avenue North. The company was founded in 1931 by Max and Harry Hurvich, brothers known as the "Gold Dust Twins" for their light reddish hair and "Midas touch" with vending machines. The Hurviches began by building one-penny peanut dispensers in their homes.

The successful business soon expanded into coin-operated gaming machines and jukeboxes with sales offices across Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.

Max's son-in-law Albert Toranto joined the company as a sales manager in the 1960s and eventually took it over. His son, Steve took over the business in July 1989.

External links