Lay Dam

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Lay Dam was built by Alabama Power in 1914 and named after Captain William Patrick Lay, the first Alabama Power President. The dam impounds 12,000 acres creating Lay Lake with a shoreline of 289 miles. The nearest town is Columbiana. Lay Dam was one of the earliest concrete dams in the US and its construction helped pioneer dam building technology in the early 20th century.

References

  • Coosa River. (2007, November 2). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:45, January 21, 2008 [1]
Coosa River
Dams

Weiss Dam, Neely Henry Dam, Logan Martin Dam, Lay Dam, Mitchell Dam, Bouldin Dam, Jordan Dam

Reservoirs

Weiss Lake, Lake Neely Henry, Lake Logan Martin, Lay Lake, Lake Mitchell, Lake Bouldin, Lake Jordan