Main Street (Gardendale)
Main Street is a predominantly north-south road approximately 1.5 miles long in Gardendale.
Main Street was part of the original stage coach route along Stouts Road through northern Jefferson County. The original path of the road split off on a loop following the currently-discontinuous King Road and Jamestown Manor Drive. There is documentation that a toll booth was located at the Price Plantation in the vicinity of the former Rogers Area Vocational Center of Gardendale High School.
Main Street was replaced as the primary north-south road through the city by the construction of the current Decatur Highway immediately to the east in the 1950s.
The south end of Main Street continues from the Gardendale city limits at the border between Gardendale and Fultondale. The road continues north, crosses Fieldstown Road, and continues until it dead-ends into Treasure Trail.
- For an alphabetical list of locations, see the Main Street (Gardendale) category.
- road continues from Stouts Road in Fultondale
- 327: Gardendale Public Works department
- Jamestown Manor Drive intersects (east only)
- Odum Road intersects (west only)
- 650: Adorned Boutique (opened August 2017), formerly Steel City Ministries, Buettner Brothers Hardware Store
- West Tarrant Drive intersects (east only)
- 701: Files Discount Tire (1978-)
- 727: former location of Love Piano (-2018)
- 732: Gardendale Cleaners
- 733: Charter Communications
- 749: Crossfit gym
- 753: Alabama State College of Barber Styling, former location of Paula McCarty Photography
- 754: Southern Focus Vision Center
- 758: former location of Baptist Health Center
- Gardendale Civic Complex
- 800: Gardendale High School, formerly Rogers Area Vocational Center
- 805: former location of Kinder-Care
- 809: Mordecai Plaza
- Mount Olive Road intersection
- Fieldstown Road intersection
- Village Green Shopping Center
- The Garden Shopping Center
- Veterans Memorial Park (Gardendale)
- road ends at Treasure Trail road