Sam Jackson's Emporium
Sam Jackson's Emporium (operated by the Sam Jackson Co.) was a gift shop in downtown Tuscaloosa.
The business was founded in 1914 by Sam F. Jackson Sr when he took over ownership of the general store where he had clerked on the 2300 block of 6th Avenue Tuscaloosa.
After World War II, Jackson moved the store to 1306 Queen City Avenue and stocked brand-name gift items rather than general merchandise. His son, Sam F. Jackson Jr, finished business school at the University of Alabama and took over the store
The business closed on May 31, 2016 shortly after Jackson Jr's death.
- Rupinski, Patrick (April 26, 2014) "Tuscaloosa business Sam Jackson Co. now 100 years old." Tuscaloosa News