Stewart Perry Company
The Stewart Perry Company is a general contractor specializing in retail and light industrial construction. It was founded in 1984 by current president Merrill Stewart and Charles Perry. The firm's first office was in the renovated Caldwell Bradshaw residence on Highland Avenue.
In 1997 the company added a civil management group to provide pre-construction, design and construction management for civil projects.
In 2008 the company completed construction of a new $4.2 million corporate campus on a 16-acre site at 4855 Overton Road. The campus was designed by HKW Architects and incorporates recycled materials and energy-saving technology. The office sits on the bank of a 3-acre pond with a managed fish and wildlife population. The building was recognized by the Green Building Council as a LEED Silver Certified project.
- Warehouse for Sterilite Corporation, Birmingham
- Office building for Warren Averett Kimbrough & Marino, Birmingham
- Highlands School renovations and infrastructure, Birmingham, 1999
- East Alabama Mental Health Center, Opelika
- Rickwood Field grandstand restoration, West End, 2002-2003
- Warehouse for HGH Hardware, Avondale
- Prominence Shops at Liberty Park, Liberty Park
- Piggly Wiggly/Tria Market, Riverview Center
- Offices of Stewart Perry Company, Overton Road, 2008
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve visitor center, 2009
- Spencer, Thomas (February 15, 2009) "Stewart Perry Construction goes green with its own Birmingham headquarters." Birmingham News
- DeButts, Jimmy (May 27, 2009) "Stewart Perry HQ earns LEED certification." Birmingham Business Journal
- Stewart Perry website