UAB Gardendale Clinic
The UAB Gardendale Clinic is a 65,100 square-foot 24-hour emergency clinic and medical office building which will be operated by the UAB Medical Center at 960 Mount Olive Parkway off Mount Olive Road in Gardendale.
The clinic was designed by Sims Architectural Studio and constructed by Brasfield & Gorrie for $22 million. The medical office building was designed by Gresham Smith & Partners. Ground was broken in November 2017 and opening was scheduled for Spring 2019.
The freestanding emergency clinic will have 26,700 square feet of space and provide a full range of emergency medicine services staffed around the clock by physicians who are board-certified in emergency medicine. The facility will have an FAA-compliant heliport, advanced MRI/CT/X-ray imaging, 12 exam rooms, a bariatric lift, laboratory services, and a pharmacy.
The 38,400-square-foot, two-story medical office building will offer primary care, obstetrics, gastrointestinal care, orthopedics, cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, ophthalmology and specialty care programs. It will feature a diagnostic imaging suite, lab services, telemedicine and digital public interface kiosks.
The UAB Callahan Eye Hospital will have a 6,000 square foot clinic in the medical office building that will offer patient access to pediatric, cornea, glaucoma and comprehensive eye care specialists, house a state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging center and will also include a new optical store.
- Davis, Rachel (March 2, 2016) "Gardendale announces new medical facility, restaurant" North Jefferson News
- Shepard, Bob (October 23, 2017) "Groundbreaking for new UAB medical complex in Gardendale set for Nov. 2" UAB News
- Patchen, Tyler (October 25, 2017) "UAB to break ground on major project in suburb." Birmingham Business Journal
- Edgemon, Erin (October 26, 2017) "UAB to build $33.9 million ER, medical offices in Gardendale" The Birmingham News
- Davis, Rachel (November 21, 2018) "Area leaders get update on UAB facility, opening date announced" North Jefferson News
- Thornton, William (January 11, 2019) "$33.9 million UAB Gardendale facility set for opening next week." The Birmingham News
- Davis, Rachel (January 16, 2019) "UAB opens in Gardendale" North Jefferson News