Vestavia Hills Shopping Center

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Vestavia Hills Shopping Center was the original name for the northernmost portion of the present Vestavia Hills City Center on Montgomery Highway in Vestavia Hills.

The $1.5 million shopping center was first developed in the late 1950s by the Byrd Real Estate Company and designed by Charles McCauley. The facade featured light-colored brick and porcelain-enameled metal panels with steel and aluminum trim. Seven stores were built in the first phase which opened in 1956. Four additional spaces completed in 1958. As soon as that work was done, another phase brought 10 more stores for a total of 21. The grand opening concluded in August 1959 with an appearance by Esther Williams.

Tenants

References