W. C. Davis School
The two-story brick school was built in 1949 for black students. It was named in honor of W. C. Davis, a former principal of the Thomas School. Notable former students include Birmingham Black Barons star Elijah Gilliam and community education leader Otis Dismuke.
In the late 20th century the school was closed and used by the school system as an office building for the system's technology, attendance and child nutrition departments. Known as the Davis Center, the former school's auditorium and other facilities were used for numerous school programs and events.
An agreement was reached in January 2009 to sell the property to Red Mountain Development for $2.54 million. That deal was never concluded, and the board eventually sold the Davis Center to an ownership group called "1904 on 4th LLC" in December 2013 for $2 million. The building was demolished in 2018 for construction of a new apartment building called Lakeview Green.
- Mrs L. M. Colley, 1962