1940s O. V. Hunt photo of delivery trucks outside the 300 18th Street North location of Calder Furniture Co.
The Calder Furniture Company, originally the Hood-Booth-Calder Furniture Co. and later the F. G. Calder Furniture Company, was a furniture store founded in 1927 by Fred Calder, E. M. Hood and B. E. Booth in downtown Birmingham.
From 1940 to 1952 the store was located in the former Parisian building at 300 18th Street North, then moved to a smaller building at 1820 2nd Avenue North.
In the 1970s the store opened a new location at the Hoover 4 Center at 1678 Montgomery Highway in Hoover.
In 1980 Calder Furniture's 2nd Avenue location was damaged by fire. A year later it reopened in the former Yeilding's department store on the southwest corner of 22nd Street and 2nd Avenue North.
The Calder Furniture Co. warehouse was located at 2321 1st Avenue North, now the Wooster Lofts.
- Hollis, Tim (2014) Memories of Downtown Birmingham: Where All the Lights Were Bright. Mt Pleasant, South Carolina: Arcadia Publishing ISBN 9781625846976