East 59 Vintage & Cafe
East 59 Vintage & Cafe is a coffee shop, community space, and vintage furniture boutique located at the Village at Lee Branch.
The company was founded by Amber Glenn-Tolbert and Anna Bates-Brown in 2013. The shop had a presence at events such as the Woodlawn Street Festival and as a "pop-up" shop during the REVIVE event before the permanent location at 7619 1st Avenue North in East Lake opened in Spring 2015.
East 59 offers light lunch and brunch along with gourmet coffee and tea. A patio at the rear of the store provides outdoor dining space. The side of the building is decorated with an East Lake mural, highlighting scenes from the neighborhood's colorful history.
In November 2016 East 59 opened a second location inside the Hoover Public Library. The original cafe closed on November 17, 2018. Another East 59 opened at the Village at Lee Branch shopping center in 2020.
- Whitley, Carla Jean (June 4, 2015) "East 59 aims to perk up the East Lake neighborhood." The Birmingham News
- Godwin, Brent (October 4, 2016) "Local startup plans second location in Hoover." Birmingham Business Journal
- Edgemon, Erin (November 12, 2018) "East 59 Vintage & Café in Birmingham’s East Lake to close." The Birmingham News
- Thornton, William (December 12, 2019) "East 59 Cafe coming to Lee Branch Shopping Center." The Birmingham News
- East 59 Vintage & Cafe website