H. Salt Fish & Chips
H. Salt Esq. Authentic English Take Home Fish & Chips was a national chain of fast-food fish restaurants. The restaurant was opened in 1965 in California by Haddon Salt after Americans had taken to his fish and chips at a restaurant in Skegness, England. In 1969 the chain entered into a franchise agreement with Kentucky Fried Chicken, which sold off the chain in 1980. Small chains of franchises still exist in California as of 2013.
- 1730 9th Avenue, Bessemer
- 2030 Bessemer Road, Central Park / Five Points West
- 3501 Avenue E, Ensley
- 613 Old Springville Road, Huffman
- 1227 26th Street North, Norwood
- 509 18th Street South, Southside