Hollywood Boulevard is an approximately two-thirds mile long street running roughly northeast-southwest through the Hollywood neighborhood of Homewood. It connects Independence Drive (U.S. Highway 31) with U.S. Highway 280. It is one of the few streets connecting Homewood with the adjacent suburb of Mountain Brook. The portion of Hollywood Boulevard around the Highway 280 interchange is actually just within a spur of the Birmingham city limits.
At its western end, Hollywood Boulevard becomes Oxmoor Road, while the eastern end becomes Montevallo Road. All three are actually parts of a road dating back to at least the 1860s which was previously known as Oxmoor-Irondale Road, which connected Oxmoor with Irondale.
Notable locations (west to east)
- Independence Drive intersection (continues west as Oxmoor Road)
- La Prado Place intersection
- Poinciana Drive intersections
- Malaga Avenue intersection
- 300 block: Union Hill Cemetery
- U.S. Highway 280 interchange
- 350-404: The Hollywood shopping center (2010-)
- 407: Express Oil Change store #38
- 408: Asia Rug Company and Relfe-Welden Real Estate
- Continues east as Montevallo Road