Jefferson County Economic and Industrial Development Authority
The Jefferson County Economic and Industrial Development Authority (shortened to Jefferson County Development Authority or JCEIDA) was created in 1995 to coordinate the industrial development efforts of Jefferson County and to manage the Jefferson Metropolitan Park System, the county-owned system of industrial parks. The Authority's offices are located at 500 Beacon Parkway West.
- Jefferson Metropolitan Park McCalla
- Jefferson Metropolitan Park at Lakeshore
- Trinity Park (Ingall's Ironworks/Trinity Steel site, undeveloped
Deborah McGill was the Authority's first executive director. She resigned in 2008 to take a position with EGS Commercial Real Estate. She was succeeded by Carma Jude, who helmed the agency until 2011. Ted vonCannon was hired as director, effective February 1, 2012.
- Kent, Dawn (April 23, 2008) "Jefferson County's industrial park system director resigns." The Birmingham News
- Parker, Illyshia (October 24, 2022) "JCEIDA names new executive director." Birmingham Business Journal