New Subway Cafe
The New Subway Cafe was a restaurant operated by Mrs E. L. Nicholas and Angelo Nicholas at 2431-2433 5th Avenue North near the Birmingham Terminal Station in the 1930s. From July 23 to October 29, 1940 the restaurant's liquor license was suspended by the Birmingham City Commission. By 1941 a different business, the Liberty Cafe, was operating at the same address.
- Polk's Birmingham (Jefferson County, Ala.) City Directory (1937) Richmond, Virginia: R. L. Polk & Co.