Pelham Fire Department
The Pelham Fire Department is the agency responsible for preventing and responding to fires and other emergencies in and around Pelham, including Oak Mountain State Park. The department employs 78 firefighters and EMTs at five stations. The current chief is Mike Reid, who was appointed in 2020.
The department was founded in 1964 as a volunteer force, and transitioned into a full-time department in 1984. The department's administrative offices are located in Pelham Fire Station No. 1, behind Pelham City Hall at 3162 Pelham Parkway.
The department has three divisions. The Fire Prevention Division reviews building plans, conducts inspections and investigations, and engages in public education about fire safety. The EMS Division coordinates emergency medical care and regulatory compliance. The Training Division oversees firefighter, paramedic and safety training programs.
- Pelham Fire Station No. 1, 3162 Pelham Parkway
- Pelham Fire Station No. 2, 2298 Pelham Parkway
- Pelham Fire Station No. 3, 1297 Shelby County Road 52
- Pelham Fire Station No. 4, 100 North Chandalar Drive
- Pelham Fire Station No. 5, 1601 Ballantrae Club Drive
- Bryant, Walter (June 2, 2008) "Pelham council affirms Daniel B. Endress as new city fire chief." The Birmingham News
- Robinson, Carol (October 6, 2020) "Pelham mayor names city’s new fire chief." The Birmingham News
- Fire Department at pelhamalabama.gov