Phoenix Club building
The Phoenix Club building is a pressed brick edifice on the southeast corner of 20th Street and 15th Avenue South. It was constructed in 1909 for the Phoenix Club, an exclusive social club for Jewish men of German descent. The $50,000 clubhouse opened with a grand ball on December 3 of that year and served as a meeting place and social hall for club members.
Currently the building, now surrounded by a split-face concrete block wall, houses the Zydeco night club.