Ridgecrest Baptist Church
Ridgecrest was founded in 1956 in Huffman. It grew as the neighborhood grew, seeing its membership peak in the late 1970s. In 1978, the church dedicated its 2,200-seat sanctuary off of Huffman Road, at 117 12th Court Northwest, which was designed by Davis Architects.
By the early 2000s, Ridgecrest's attendance hit all-time low numbers. The bulk of Ridgecrest's membership had shifted from Huffman and Center Point to Trussville and other suburbs to the north. The church began searching for a new home in the area. In 2007, Ridgecrest sold its Huffman campus to the pentecostal Refiner's House, a church which was growing. The two congregations swapped sanctuarys, with Ridgecrest moving into Refiner's House's Center Point location, at 2205 3rd Street Northeast, while work to convert the former Southern Comfort Conversions warehouse into the new Ridgecrest progressed.
Ridgecrest held its first service in its location in Trussville on August 10, 2008. The sanctuary was dedicated on August 17. Ridgecrest's current pastor is Brian Branam. When the church's new location was dedicated, membership was around 300.
- Garrison, Greg (August 10, 2008) "Ridgecrest Baptist converts factory into church." Birmingham News
- Garrison, Greg (August 16, 2008) "New chapter, new church." Birmingham News