Rock N' Roll Sushi
Rock-N-Roll Sushi is a sushi restaurant chain which first opened in Mobile's Bel-Air Mall in 2010.
It was founded by Ryan and Lance Hallmark with Annette Chastain. The restaurant has a rock and roll theme, with music-related decor and signature rolls, many of them deep fried, named for classic rock acts.
The chain began franchising in 2014. Former restaurant chain executive Chris Kramolis opened a franchise in Little Rock, Arkansas in 2019 and soon opened two more. His friend and former boss, Tropical Smoothie Cafe founder Eric Jenrich, acquired a controlling interest in Rock N' Roll Sushi and installed Kramolis as CEO.
The chain currently has 62 locations in 9 states, with plans for as many as 250, focusing on multi-unit franchisees in larger markets.
- 5078 Pinnacle Square, Pinnacle at Tutwiler Farm, Trussville, opened 2011 with Lu Duravong as head chef
- 4441 Creekside Avenue #133, Patton Creek Shopping Center, Hoover
- 3431 Colonnade Parkway, Suite 400, The Colonnade, Birmingham, opened 2018
- Weldon Martin Rubber building, 420 Richard Arrington Jr Boulevard South, opened 2021
- 2229 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa
- 323 19th Street West, Jasper
- 1900 Market Platz Center Southwest, Cullman
- Swagler, Susan (December 2, 2011) "Rock n Roll Sushi in Trussville has clever decor and good sushi, but it's a little pricey." The Birmingham News
- Thorn, Bret (July 27, 2021) "Rock n Roll Sushi CEO Chris Kramolis credits franchisees with chain’s success in 2020" Nation's Restaurant News
- Mann, Joshua (September 3, 2021) "Rock N' Roll Sushi taking former Chronic Tacos spot in Southside." Birmingham Business Journal
- Littman, Julie (May 8, 2023) "How Rock N’ Roll Sushi plans to grow from 62 to 250 units in 5 years" Restaurant Dive
- Rock-N-Roll Sushi website