Shannon-Waltchack Investment Real Estate
Shannon-Waltchack Investment Real Estate is a partnership of Len Shannon and Derek Waltchack which was formed in 2006. The firm's offices are located in renovated space in their Railroad Square development at 120 18th Street South near Birmingham's Railroad Park. The firm was originally at 3104 Blue Lake Drive in Vestavia Hills and moved downtown in 2012.
Shannon-Waltchack purchased the 400 Hollywood Boulevard parcel overlooking U. S. Highway 280 site from the Mazer family in 2009 after the proposed Montelena condominium project was abandoned. In 2010 they created The Hollywood LLC to develop the property, known as The Hollywood.
- Cooper, Lauren B. (April 18, 2008) "Birmingham investors find buildings and opportunity as market declines." Birmingham Business Journal
- Underwood, Jerry (March 22, 2010) "Developers want Birmingham incentives for U.S. 280 project." The Birmingham News
- Kent, Dawn (December 26, 2010) "Rehab plans chugging around Birmingham's popular Railroad Park." The Birmingham News
- Bryant, Joseph, and Dawn Kent (February 8, 2011) "Project near park gets boost from city." The Birmingham News
- Azok, Dawn Kent (May 18, 2012) "Railroad Square development to open this summer near Birmingham's Railroad Park." The Birmingham News