Woodlawn Fraternal Lodge No. 525
In 1908, under "worshipful master" P. B. Mize, the lodge had 107 members and was one of the largest in the state. By 1922 it had grown to 445 members under Junior Warden J. H. Burkhardt, despite two other brotherhoods having been chartered under the Woodlawn Commandery No. 31, the Woodlawn Temple Lodge No. 790 and Woodlawn Lodge No. 827.
The lodge building, called the Woodlawn Masonic Temple was constructed in 1914 at 5500 1st Avenue North and served as the group's meeting house until 2004. It was purchased by Community Property Development LLC in 2007 and reopened in 2009 as Woodrow Hall.
- Knight, William Walter (1942) Jubilee banquet celebrating the semi-centennial anniversary of Woodlawn fraternal lodge, number 525, F. & A.M: With early pertinent history. Birmingham
- Williams, Roy L. (December 31, 2009) "Developers transform Masonic Temple." Birmingham News