Brice Building Company
Brice Building Company is a construction firm founded in 1914 by Ralph Smallman and Houston Brice Sr as the Smallman-Brice Company. The company was incorporated on May 1, 1917. Brice assumed control of the firm in 1931.
In 1997 Brice acquired Shreve Land Construction of Shreveport, Louisiana.
In 2009 the company relocated its offices from the Crescent Building off Highland Avenue to the former Industrial Supplies Inc. warehouse in Oxmoor Valley (which it had built in 1994). The company's warehouse facility in Bessemer was also moved to the new headquarters.
In 2010 Brice was acquired by the Anderson Companies of Gulfport, Mississippi, its partner on several previous joint ventures. Anderton was acquired by the Tutor Perini Corporation of Sylmar, California a year later and merged into its Roy Anderson Corp. subsidiary. The company no longer has a presence in Birmingham.
- Bromberg's building (1946)
- Parliament House (1962)
- Liberty National Building expansion (1971)
- Brookwood Village (1974)
- McCallum Basic Health Sciences Building (1983)
- SouthTrust Tower (1986)
- Children's Specialty Center South
- Our Lady of the Angels Monastery, Hanceville
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport parking deck and flyover (1999)
- Elton Stephens Science Center, Birmingham-Southern College (2000)
- MountainTop Community Church (2001)
- Protective Life Corporation headquarters, (2001)
- Edgewood Town Center (2003)
- Vulcan Park visitor's center and renovations, (2004)
- Cahaba Village (shopping center), (2007)
- Innovation Depot (2007)
- Nicholson, Gilbert (October 27, 2000) "Brice Building Co. tackles big projects in metro area." Birmingham Business Journal
- Cooper, Lauren B. (May 8, 2009) "Brice Building moving HQ to Oxmoor Valley from Southside." Birmingham Business Journal
- Williams, Roy L. (April 16, 2010) "Brice Building Co. of Birmingham acquired by Anderson Cos. of Mississippi." The Birmingham News
- Brice Building Company website