- This article is about the shopping center, for the nearby condominium tower, see Highland Plaza Apartments.
Highland Plaza (originally Plaza Stores) is a shopping center on the 2200 block of Highland Avenue, between 22nd Street South and 11th Court South. The Art Deco-style strip was designed by James Gatling for Shepherd-Sloss Realty, and opened in 1938.
The south end of the building includes a lower-level area, originally the home of Caddell Creamery, and later used by Upside-Down Plaza before being renovated for the Hot and Hot Fish Club restaurant.
The shopping center was damaged by fire in the 1970s.
- Highland Avenue
- 2222: former location of Utopia Cleaners, Mayfield Cleaners, Annabelle & Lulu's, T-Bones, Subway (- May 2015)
- 2224: Lovely Nails, former location of Beauty Land, Movie Time
- 2226: Taj India, former location of Savage's Bakery, Ben Franklin Stores, Pasquale's Pizza & Pasta
- 2228: Highland Package Store (2009-) former location of Plaza Variety Store, Spivey's, Lovett's Flowers and Dollar Tree
- 2230: Western Supermarket, former location of A & P Super Market
- 2232: (expansion of supermarket), former location of Lane Drugs, Posey's Plaza Drugs, and Cleere Pharmacy
- 11th Court South