The Hoover Mall was an indoor mall that was constructed in 1972 at 1615 Montgomery Highway. Discount retailer Zayre and supermarket Winn-Dixie, both with direct outside access, anchored the mall. An interior corridor which ran front to back and featured a fountain gave access to some smaller shops.
Then-Mayor O. E. Braddick arrived for the ribbon-cutting by helicopter.
A Shoney's Big Boy restaurant was located on an outparcel northwest of the mall building.
ABC Theatres constructed the Hoover Twin Cinema off Lorna Road behind Hoover Mall in 1977.
The mall was redeveloped as the Hoover Commons strip shopping center.
- Aland's (1974–)
- Britling Cafeteria (1974–), Battle Buffet (–1990s)
- Brandino Brass
- Bromberg's (1974–)
- Budd's men's clothing
- Buster Brown's children's shoes
- City Federal Savings & Loan
- Eckerd's Drugs
- Ed's Pet World (–1982)
- Famous Fred's pizzeria
- Dixie Sporting Goods, Hibbett Sports
- Little Creatures Limited novelties
- Odyssey Records
- Son Shine Shop Christian bookstore
- Valley Fire Place
- Winn-Dixie grocery store (1972–)
- Zayre (1972–)