Winn-Dixie is a grocery store chain based in Jacksonville, Florida with several locations in the Birmingham District. The company bought out the Birmingham-based Hill's Food Stores in the 1960s.
The company went through a bankruptcy reorganization in 2005 and was purchased by Greenville, South Carolina's Bi-Lo chain in 2012. The combined holding company, reorganized in September 2013 by Lone Star Funds as "Southeastern Grocers", moved its headquarters to Jacksonville, Florida.
The company began modernizing its area stores in 2012, beginning with a $2.4 million renovation of the Montevallo Road location. The remodeled store included an expanded deli and bakery with prepared foods. The kitchen is overseen by chef Scott Lokey.
In March 2018 Southeastern Grocers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, reporting more than $1 billion in debts. Plans were announced to close 94 stores, including 10 of its 56 Alabama locations.
- 1721 Decatur Highway, Fultondale (1989–)
- 4496 Center Point Road, Pinson
- Montgomery Highway, Vestavia Hills
- Store No. 435: 4476 Montevallo Road, behind Montclair Road Publix (1999–)
- 2910 Morgan Road, Bessemer
- 2653 Valleydale Road, Indian Springs Village
- 465 Main Street, Trussville
- 4205 University Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa
- 9750 Alabama 69 South, Tuscaloosa
- 10 McFarland Boulevard, Northport
- 13620 Highway 43 North, Northport
- 2405 US 78 East, Jasper
- Palisades Shopping Center, Birmingham (1980s–2000s)
- Store No. 405: 2220 Bessemer Road, Five Points West (closed 2018)
- 2402 Old Springville Road, Clay (1995-2015)
- Flintridge Centre, Fairfield
- Roebuck Marketplace (–2008)
- Brookwood Village Convenience Center (1974–)
- 4496 Pinson Boulevard
- 851 Park Road, Pleasant Grove
- Alabama State Highway 150, Hoover
- Helena Marketplace, Helena
- Moody (1990s–2000s)
- Village Green Shopping Center, Gardendale (1972–1989)
- McFarland Mall, Tuscaloosa
- Allison-Bonnett Memorial Drive, Hueytown
- Beahm, Anna (March 15, 2018) "Winn-Dixie parent company to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy." The Birmingham News