Hughes Drug Store
Hughes Drug Store was an early three-story commercial building located on the southeast corner of 2nd Avenue North and 19th Street. The third floor housed Birmingham's first telephone exchange, which was established on May 8, 1882 with 39 subscribers.
The site is currently used as a surface parking lot.
- Blake, T. Harry (1973) Birmingham Since 1885. Birmingham: Birmingham Historical Society