Smiley became the morning show personality for KBFB Radio in Dallas, Texas in April, 2004. The show features the trademark prank calls, as well as news, information and the latest hip hop music. Smiley is also known as the host of the 2000 season of BET's "ComicView" program. He has also appeared on "Showtime at the Apollo", HBO's "Def Comedy Jam", HBO's "Snaps", "The Nashville Network", "Uptown Comedy Club", and "Comic Escape." He is known as one of the few "clean" black comics, preferring to use humor rather than vulgarity to get laughs. His original comedy routines often feature the role-play of fictional characters such as "Bernice Jenkins", "Lil' Daryl", "Rusty Bale" and "Beaford." He also has released several humorous songs based on his bits, such as "Roll Tide" featuring his redneck character Buford, and "We Miss Robert" based on a routine of his in which a friend of a deceased drug dealer performs a rap song called "We Miss Robert" at the funeral, which is actually a song about a woman, performed in hopes of landing a record deal. Smiley had a starring role in the motion picture Friday After Next.
- Super Secret Movie Rules: Sports Underdogs (2004)
- Friday After Next (2002)
- BET's Comic View (2000-2001)
- Def Comedy Jam (1999)
- The Best of Comedian Rickey Smiley Vol. I
- Rickey Smiley: Prank Calls Vol. II
- Rickey Smiley: Vol. III
- Rickey Smiley Off The Hook Volume 4
- Rickey Smiley: Vol. V (2006).
- Smiley is a graduate of Alabama State University. He is a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and is known for informing audiences of his membership in his acts.
- Smiley is also a pianist and often plays the piano in his shows.
- Rickey Smiley. (2007, July 7). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 02:09, July 22, 2007, from