2015 Alabama Crimson Tide football team
The 2015 Alabama Crimson Tide football team represented the University of Alabama during the 2015-2016 college football season. It was Alabama's 121st season of college football, its 82nd as a member of the Southeastern Conference, and its 9th under head coach Nick Saban.
The Tide entered the campaign as the #3 ranked team in the Associated Press poll. The season began with Jake Coker and Cooper Bateman both under consideration as starting quarterback. Coker won the first start, but struggled early on. Bateman replaced him in the third game, but also struggled as the Tide lost to Ole Miss at home. Coker won the job back and continued to improve along with the rest of the offense as Alabama swept their last 12, rolling through the SEC Championship Game and the College Football Playoff to win a 16th national championship.
- September 5: Alabama defeated the 20th ranked Wisconsin Badgers 35-17 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- September 12: Alabama defeated the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders 37-10 at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa.
- September 19: Alabama lost to the 15th ranked Ole Miss Rebels 37-43 at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- September 26: Alabama defeated the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks 34-0 at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- October 3: Alabama defeated the 8th ranked Georgia Bulldogs 38-10 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia.
- October 10: Alabama defeated the Arkansas Razorbacks 27-14 at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- October 17: Alabama defeated the 9th ranked Texas A&M Aggies 41-23 at Kyle Field in College Station, Texas.
- October 24: Alabama defeated the Tennessee Volunteers 19-14 at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- November 7: Alabama defeated the 2nd ranked LSU Bengal Tigers 30-16 at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- November 14: Alabama defeated the 17th ranked Mississippi State Bulldogs 31-6 at Davis Wade Stadium in Starkville, Mississippi.
- November 21: Alabama defeated the Charleston Southern Buccaneers 56-6 at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- November 28: Alabama defeated the Auburn Tigers 29-13 in the 2015 Iron Bowl at Jordan Hare Stadium in Auburn.
- December 5: Alabama defeated the 18th ranked Florida Gators in the SEC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia.
- December 31: Alabama defeated the 3rd ranked Michigan State Spartans 38-0 in the Cotton Bowl / College Football Playoff semifinal at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- January 11: Alabama defeated the No. 1 ranked Clemson Tigers, 45-40 in the College Football Playoff championship game at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
Head coach Nick Saban, associate head coach / running backs coach Burton Burns, defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and strength & conditioning coach Scott Cochran all returned for a ninth season with the Tide. They were joined by eight-year veteran tight ends/special teams coach Bobby Williams and third-year offensive line coach Mario Cristobal. Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin, defensive line coach Bo Davis and receivers coach Billy Napier entered their second season on staff, and were joined by newcomers Tosh Lupoi (outside linebackers) and Mel Tucker (assistant head coach and defensive backs coach)
- Offensive line: Cam Robinson, Ross Pierschbacher, Ryan Kelley, Alphonse Taylor and Dominick Jackson
- Offensive backs: Jake Coker, Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake, Michael Nysewander
- Receivers and tight ends: Robert Foster, Calvin Ridley, ArDarius Stewart, Richard Mullaney, O. J. Howard
- Defensive line: Dillon Lee, Reggie Ragland, Reuben Foster, Denzel Devall, A'Shawn Robinson, Darren Lake, Jarran Reed
- Defensive backs: Marlon Humphrey, Cyrus Jones, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Courtney Upshaw, DeQuan Menzie, Dre Kirkpatrick
- Safeties: Eddie Jackson, Geno Matias-Smith
- Kickers: Adam Griffith, J. K. Scott
- Media Guide (current edition) at rolltide.com