All Saints Episcopal Mission
- This article is about the Southside mission. For the Edgewood church, see All Saints Episcopal Church.
All Saints Episcopal Mission was a short-lived mission church sponsored by St Mary's-on-the-Highlands from 1907 to 1914. It was located at 614 29th Street South and occupied a one-story frame dwelling there for a year before a framed church and parish house were constructed in 1908.
Reverend Willoughby Claybrook, rector of St Mary's, organized the mission along with the Women's Auxiliary and was its titular head. Lay reader Carl Henckell was placed in charge of operating the mission on his behalf.
The 2½-story parish house was used as a kindergarten, reading room and recreation center. In 1911 it became the home of the newly-organized Holy Innocents Hospital, the state's first hospital providing care solely to children.
The hospital moved to another leased frame building when the mission was dissolved in 1914. The property was sold and the church building demolished. The parish house remained in use, as a clubhouse for the Newsboys Club, the Dante Club, the Kamram Club, and Club Rose until it was apparently demolished in the early 1950s.
- Rice, James E. (Sept. 25, 1939) "Inventory of the Church Archives of Alabama: Episcopal Division". Historical Records Survey. Works Projects Administration