Ascension St Vincent's Health System
Ascension St Vincent's Health System, formerly the St Vincent's Health System (STVHS) is network of hospitals in the Birmingham area owned by Ascension Health, a national non-profit Catholic hospital network based in St Louis, Missouri.
In 1999 the St Vincent's Health System joined in the founding of Ascension Health, a network of more than 141 hospitals and 30 senior care facilities operated by Catholic charities in 22 states and the District of Columbia.
In June 2009 the system moved its corporate offices from space it was subleasing at the Galleria Tower to newly-available office spaces on its hospital campuses. In 2017 the system added the "Ascension" name and logo to all of its facilities.
- Ascension St Vincent's Birmingham, 810 St Vincent's Drive, Birmingham (409 beds)
- Ascension St Vincent's East, 50 Medical Park Drive, Birmingham (362 beds)
- Ascension St Vincent's St Clair, 7063 Veterans Parkway, Pell City (40 beds)
- Ascension St Vincent's Blount, 150 Gilbreath Drive, Oneonta (40 beds)
- Ascension St Vincent’s One Nineteen, 7191 Cahaba Valley Road, Hoover
- Curtis James, 1976-2008
- Neeysa Biddle (interim), January-March 2009
- John O'Neil, March 2009-September 2014
- Neeysa Biddle (interim), September 2014-June 30, 2017
- Jason Alexander, July 1, 2017–
- DeButts, Jimmy (June 20, 2008) "'Transitional year' means $29 million in losses for St. Vincent's" Birmingham Business Journal}
- Velasco, Anna (July 16, 2008) "St. Vincent's system CEO Curtis James retiring" The Birmingham News
- Tomberlin, Michael (May 16, 2009) "St. Vincent's to move Galleria offices" The Birmingham News
- Oliver, Mike (September 23, 2014) "St. Vincent's hospital system CEO resigns." The Birmingham News
- Yurkanin, Amy (October 24, 2017) "St. Vincent's and Providence Hospitals change names to Ascension." The Birmingham News