Bluff Park Art Association
The Bluff Park Art Association was established in 1965 as a non-profit organization promoting visual arts in the Bluff Park community and across the Birmingham metropolitan area. Its major event is the annual Bluff Park Art Show, a juried art festival held on the first Saturday of October at the Shades Cliff Community Park. Each year the association makes a purchase from the show for display in Hoover public buildings.
The group's special projects have included major donations to the Birmingham Museum of Art, Aldridge Gardens, the Hoover Public Library and Hoover City Schools. The association also participates in the maintenance and improvement of the Bluff Park Community Center at Shades Cliff Park, and funds scholarships for college students planning careers in the arts.
- 1965: Henry Kimbrell, "Cabin on Sanders Road"
- 1966: Wanda Dashner (Huntsville), "August and Sunflowers"
- 1967: Mary Cobb Martin (Huntsville), "Waiting for What?"
- 1971: Dot Booth, "Balcony II" (acrylic, 60" x 48")
- 1973: Dot Booth, "Windows with Cabbage" & Judith Taylor Rogers, "Woman with Child"
- 1974: Clay Davis, "Genesis"
- 1977: Susan Harris Finley, "Weaving" (sheep's wool & goat hair)
- 1981: Pat Jemian, "Fall Flowers"
- 1982: Dorothy Hoeschen, "Rock and Water Interaction" (acrylic)
- 1984: Armor Keller, "Golden Fugue" (mixed media)
- 2006: Rick Wyrick (Pensacola, Florida), "Wheels Don't Roll" (metal sculpture)
- 2007: Scott Coleman
- 2008: Nevin Newton, "Heralding Trumpets" (wood sculpture)
- Ellaby, Liz (May 16, 2007) "Bluff Park group paintings on exhibit at safety center." Birmingham News.
- Bluff Park Art Association website