Inglenook Community Center
The Inglenook Community Center is a recreational center constructed at Inglenook Park in 1968. It was the 12th such recreation center commissioned by the Birmingham Board of Parks and Recreation, and replaced a frame house that had been repurposed as a community center since the park was first dedicated in 1941.
The new brick-clad building was designed by Henry Sprott Long and constructed by the Southern Masonry Company at a cost of $120,000. The center includes a gymnasium, meeting rooms, a kitchen, offices, rest rooms, and storage space. Three tennis courts were constructed alongside the building.